<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Hansard 
I was enjoying flipping through Hansard today and found a few things that more people should know about.

First, did you know that the Judy and the NDP are proposing a National Breast Implant Registry?
Ms. Judy Wasylycia-Leis (Winnipeg North, NDP) moved for leave to introduce Bill C-312, An Act to establish and maintain a national Breast Implant Registry.
She said: Mr. Speaker, I am very pleased to have an opportunity to reintroduce this bill, which I have tried in the past on numerous occasions to get before the House or to suggest to the government that it might want to take it and run with it.
Here I am again trying to convince all members of Parliament to support an initiative that would establish and maintain a national breast implant registry.

I guess this is a bit of a cause for Judy.

Next I found a couple of petitions introduced by NDP members. Alexa with one:
Ms. Alexa McDonough (Halifax, NDP): Mr. Speaker, I would like to introduce three petitions today.
The first calls upon the Government of Canada to establish peace tax legislation to recognize the right of conscientious objectors to not pay for the military, but to apply instead that portion of their taxes that would have been used for military purposes toward peaceful non-military purposes within the powers of Parliament.
There are some 40 pages of signatures, and I hope the Government of Canada will give it consideration.

Right - way to think this one through. 40 pages of signatures? I'm guessing those people write really big.
Lastly, a break in solidarity?
Ms. Dawn Black (New Westminster—Coquitlam, NDP): Mr. Speaker, my second petition calls upon the government to urge the CRTC to decline the application of broadcast public notice from the CRTC proposing 9 TV channels directly controlled by the Chinese government, the Communist Party, and not allow them to be broadcast here in Canada.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?