<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Would you describe it this way? 
From CTV:
Jean also dismissed rumours that she and her husband supported the Quebec independence cause.
"We are equally proud of the attachment to Quebec that we have always shown beyond any partisan considerations. Let me be clear: we have never belonged to a political party or the separatist movement," she says.

I have never belonged to the Ottawa Senators. I support the Ottawa Senators.

The pertinent questions are:
Did she support Quebec independence? Not - was she a member of a party or movement.
Does it matter if she did in the past?

On the second question, I think the answer to the first - the depth of her conviction - her love of Canada - would make answering it easy.

The fact that her press release says "I want to tell you unequivocally that both he and I are proud to be Canadians and that we have the greatest respect for the institutions of our country." Are? That's a pretty contempory word.

Also, that the last sentence starts with "Let me be clear" makes me wonder if Paul Martin wrote this release himself.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?