<$BlogRSDUrl$>
A letter for a letter 
I'm re-loving Maclean's over the past 6 months or so. Here's a letter I read tonight that so summarizes the change to the magazine:

Bravo for your sensible defence of Wal-Mart. It is great to read journalism that stops pandering to the kind of sentimental so-called economics by which most of us evaluate the world of business. For years I have done my smug, Canadian best to disdain Wal-Mart for its American bargain-bin style, but I'm half glad to be exposed for the elitist prat that I am.
I also appreciate someone finally outing those well-funded multi-national unions for being as avaricious as the corporations they so noisily decry. You folks are turning a truly lousy magazine, full of centrist snobbery and occasionally stunning banality, into a decent read.
At first, I thought you ad just made it look like The Economist. But, lo and behold, a sharp-minded, opinionated, serious magazine has emerged that is not afraid to be playful and yet knows how to take on an issue.
Graham Nickel, Abbotsford, B.C.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?