<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Totally off-topic post 
Maybe it's the heat but I've been listening to Jagged Little Pill that my wife put in the CD changer of the van. I typically skip You Oughta Know, Hand in My Pocket, and Ironic - probably still sick of them from when they were released - but I find myself really liking the rest of the album.

Anyway, I saw today that it's been 10 years since it was released. CBC.ca has a review of an acoustic version of the album released by Morissette. The writer of the review, Andre Mayer put down the album, the orginal album, Morissette, and pretty much all female pop singers before or after with so much gusto that it actually made me look up the definition of word critic:

Main Entry: 1crit·ic
Pronunciation: 'kri-tik
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin criticus, from Greek kritikos, from kritikos able to discern or judge, from krinein
1 a : one who expresses a reasoned opinion on any matter especially involving a judgment of its value, truth, righteousness, beauty, or technique b : one who engages often professionally in the analysis, evaluation, or appreciation of works of art or artistic performances
2 : one given to harsh or captious judgment

It think he leans to the latter.

I glanced at some of the other reviews in his archive:

May 17, 2005
Why the Long Face? Pop music's love of misery
March 15, 2005
Hit the Road, Jaxx Why dance music doesn't move America
February 22, 2005
Take Cover! How the cover tune became the most insincere gesture in pop music.
February 1, 2005
Immaterial Girls Why looking for the new Madonna is a lost cause

Everything sucks. It must be tough being a critic.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?